Olive oil contains a great amount of elements with outstanding high features which benefit your health:
- Antioxidizer: olive oil contains polyphenols which prevent cells from an early oxidizing process, thus avoiding premature ageing and reducing the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures
- It prevents the appearance of tumours, specially breast cancer.
- Heart protector: olive oil contains oleic acids. These acids are monounsaturated fats with beneficial effects on cholesterol. They provoke a fall in LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and an increase in HDL (good cholesterol). Therefore, they remain less time in the bloodstream, which makes it more difficult for the arteriosclerosis to be formed. In short, it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, as heart attack or the formation of thrombi.
- Good for the digestive system and to prevent diabetes: it improves the intestinal and digestive functions. Moreover, monounsaturated fatty acids help maintain stable sugar and glucose levels in the blood, reducing the risk of developing type 2 -not insulin dependent- diabetes.
- Good for your skin: from ancient times, olive oil has been used as a cosmetic due to its skin moisturising attributes, retarding the skin ageing.
Extra virgin olive oil “Tierras de Canena” is produced exclusively from olives of the Picual variety, which is the most stable existing oil. In fact, almost all varieties add olive oil in their composition to lengthen its expiring consommation date.
Its special characteristics make it irreplaceable in the Mediterranean diet. It is particularly recommended for salads and at any good cooking.